No, being denied doesn't impact your credit score. When you check your rate at Upgrade, we perform a soft inquiry on your credit report. A soft inquiry will not impact your credit score and can only be seen by you. If you accept a loan offer and submit your bank account information, we perform a second soft inquiry. Only when a loan is funded do we perform a hard inquiry on your credit report, which may impact your credit score.
Articles in this section
- No application fees or upfront fees
- Where do I locate my 15-digit pre-approval code?
- How do I apply for a personal loan or an Upgrade Card?
- Will checking my rate impact my credit score?
- Are the personal loan rates fixed or variable?
- Can I apply for another personal loan through Upgrade?
- Why would you deny me if I was pre-approved?
- What does receiving a pre-approval letter mean?
- FAQs for Self-Employed Applicants
- If I’m denied, am I able to re-apply?